Thursday, May 19, 2011


Hi guys,

Just wanted to give you guys a quick update on yesterdays visit to the treatment center. I bought Luis in to the emergency room for some pain near his J tube and ended up going home without him.

After chemo last week he began having some unusual pain near the J tube area where he had the surgery back in March. He tried to see if it would pass but got a little worried, and wanted to get it checked out by a doctor. Being his caregiver, I'm always ready to drop what ever I have to and support him in any way possible- just as long as he keeps a good mental attitude- and he does, everytime. After we got there, they examined him and said he looks good but wanted to run some blood work and a blood culture on him- just to make sure he had no internal infection near the tube feeding. They also took him downstairs for a ct scan to check out the abdominal area as well.

The blood work results came back okay, while the blood culture results wont be in until Friday the 20th- (will update you guys here). And the ct scan showed some air in his abdominal area and (as usual) the doctors have to do their job and took some percaution by admitting him for 2 days. I was fine (for the moment)while he was upset and didn't want to stay. But I told him that he's in a good place and that this to shall pass. I left the hospital to pick up the kids from school, (as promised) then headed home.

All of a sudden, it hit me again, and I found myself feeling sad and down as I entered our home without him- (again). I started remembering the 2 other times that he stayed in the hospital and I had to learn to handle my emotions and everything else on my own. But this time around, I noticed something different- the feeling was short and passed very quickly as I began to speak to my subconscious mind telling it to take over in peace and harmony. As I did that, I started feeling a little better, then more at peace as I kept busy helping Sito with his homework.

I woke up this morning, took the kids to school and headed to the treatment center to be with Luis. On my way there, I couldn't help but feel that he was coming home today. Remember I said that they were keeping him for 2 days? Well, for some reason my intuition kept telling me that he was coming home today. As I arrived in his room, (at a perfect time too) Dr. Sanchez (the J tube surgeon) walked in as he greeded us. He told us that the air they've found in his abdominal area could be from the surgery he did on him in March- meaning they're not even sure. Dr. Sanchez said he's not worried because Luis looks good and there's no eruption and told us he can go home today- I was so happy.

Well, it's past 8:30 pm now on Thursday and I'm tired and just simply drained. It's been a long week for all of us since his last chemo. And I had my share of running around with and without my kids- not to mention my lower back is hurting from not working out for the past week. If I don't lift weights, it seems as though my body responds with pain- gotta get back into it.

until next time............................take care guys and I will do the same :o)


All of us at one time or another encountered some type of failure in life. Sometimes the things we set out to achieve, may take more than o...